Find Your Voice at Camp Fire
Do you struggle to find your voice and be heard? At Camp Fire, we hear you.
Our staff is trained to work alongside you to tailor our programs to fit your needs and interests. Camp Fire is not your average program. We are committed to our promise to help teens lift their voice and shape the world, to help teens develop to their fullest and lead today. At Camp Fire, it begins now.
Teen Service and Leadership
Just as there are many ways to give service and lead within your community, there are many ways to be a part of Camp Fire. It’s up to you.
- Teens in Action – Our Teens in Action program is youth-led and youth-driven, guided by trained adults. Through our service-learning framework, teens learn to identify community needs, issues, or challenges; decide what issues they want to advocate for; and then take action to make a difference in their communities.
- Wohelo Award – The Wohelo Award is Camp Fire’s highest honor for teen community service and leadership. With the guidance of Camp Fire staff members, teens around the country have taken on issues that most affect them and instituted lasting change.
- National Youth Advisory Cabinet (YAC) – Our Youth Advisory Cabinet ensures youth voice in policy and decision making that affects the entire Camp Fire Movement. In addition, YAC members serve as a strong voice for youth and teens everywhere—whether or not they’ve ever been a part of Camp Fire. YAC members are selected annually through a highly competitive application and interview process. Teens who have been active in Camp Fire are strongly encouraged to apply. However, Camp Fire participation is not required. We seek high school and college students who represent the broad spectrum of young people committed to community service and leadership.
Camp and Outdoor
- Day and Resident Camp - Camp Fire councils offer teens many camping opportunities. Activities may include swimming, archery, ropes courses and many other exciting adventures designed to engage teens and help them build leadership skills while having fun with other teens. Along the way, teens work on thriving skills to support themselves both at camp and in their daily lives. Locate a Camp Fire Camp near you.
- Counselor-in-Training - If you love the outdoors and are interested in a career in youth development, Camp Fire offers Counselor-in-Training programs. These programs provide training and mentoring, teaching lifelong professional skills in working with younger youth.