National Youth Advisory Cabinet (YAC)
Our YouthAdvisory Cabinet ensures youth voice in policy and decision making that affects the entire Camp Fire Movement. In addition, YAC members serve as a strong voice for youth and teens everywhere—whether or not they’ve ever been a part of Camp Fire.
YAC members are selected annually through a highly competitive application and interview process. Teens who have been active in Camp Fire are strongly encouraged to apply. However, Camp Fire participation is not required. We seek high school and college students who represent the broad spectrum of young people committed to community service and leadership.
Our current YAC is comprised of 17 youth from around the country. The YAC Chair serves as a full voting member of the National Board of Trustees.
The National Youth Advisory Cabinet Commitment
We are the voice of Camp Fire.
We connect today’s youth with National Headquarters.
We are leaders, now.
We work to light the fire within.
We are the National Youth Advisory Cabinet.
What does the YAC do?
- Advise National Headquarters on how to communicate with youth and teens.
- Advise National Headquarters on strategies to attract new youth and teens while continuing to light the fire within current participants.
- Represent Camp Fire nationally and locally at key conferences and special events.
- Adopt service projects and major initiatives that measurably advance the National YAC responsibilities, purpose, and promise.
In order to serve on YAC, you must…
- Have reached the age of 16 by the first day of term (January 1) and will not attain age 21 in your first year of term.
- Be active in your community through volunteering, community service, or a leadership position.
- Be willing to make a two-year commitment.
- Be open to the opinions and perspectives of others, and be willing to try new things.
- Have a passion for bettering yourself, your community, the world in which we live.
For more information on joining the YAC, contact Camp Fire at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more specific and detailed information and descriptions of programs in your area, please click here to find your local Camp Fire.