Apply Now for the National Youth Advisory Cabinet
Camp Fire is currently accepting applications for National Youth Advisory Cabinet Members to serve for the 2016-2018 term. Applications are due Friday, November 6, 2015.
The National Youth Advisory Cabinet Commitment:
- We are the voice of Camp Fire.
- We connect today’s youth with National Headquarters.
- We are leaders, now.
- We work to light the fire within.
- We are the National Youth Advisory Cabinet.
National YAC Critical Roles:
- Advise National Headquarters on how to communicate with youth and teens.
- Advise National Headquarters on strategies to attract new youth and teens while continuing to light the fire within current participants.
- Advise National Headquarters on issues and concerns important to youth and teens.
- Represent Camp Fire nationally and locally at key conferences and special events.
- Actively participate in National YAC meetings, conference calls, communications, and correspondence.
- Adopt service projects and major initiatives that measurably advance the National YAC responsibilities, purpose, and promise.
Term of Office: The term of office for National YAC members is two years, beginning January 1 of each year. Youth may serve no more than two consecutive terms.
Qualifications: The applicant must:
- Have reached the age of 16 by the first day of term (January 1) and will not attain age 21 in their first year of term.
- Be active in their community through volunteering, community service, or a leadership position.
- Be willing to make a two-year commitment.
- Be open to the opinions and perspectives of others and be willing to try new things.
- Have a passion for bettering themselves, their community, and the world in which we live.
Selection Process: National YAC members will be selected through a competitive application and interview process. Any young person who meets the qualifications may apply for a position on the National Youth Advisory Cabinet. Once the application has been completed, the applicant will be contacted no later than November 20, 2015, via email, if they have progressed to the next selection round. After the initial screening, letters of recommendation will be requested and Skype interviews will be conducted. At the conclusion of the process, all applicants will be notified of final selections.
Meetings: Mandatory attendance is expected at the following:
- Semi-monthly virtual meetings and other meetings, as required.
- National events, such as the National Leadership Conference and the Youth Leadership Experience.
- Ad hoc task force meetings, as needed.
If you have any questions, contact Eileen Bobowski, national staff partner, at firstname.lastname@example.org.