Why Camp Fire?
As we celebrate Giving Tuesday (December 3!) and approach the end of the year, we want to say thank you for your ongoing support of Camp Fire. Your gifts of money, time, and insight make an immeasurable difference in young people’s lives.
Can you help us raise $5,000 before the end of the year through small, peer-to-peer donations?
Friends of Camp Fire are helping youth thrive by creating their own online fundraisers through Donately. It’s easy, it’s free, and it’s a fun way to invest in Camp Fire kids.
We know there are a lot of worthy youth organizations raising funds right now, so here are a few reasons you can give when people ask you Why Camp Fire?
We create powerful youth experiences.
1. All of our programs helps young people connect to the outdoors and their community through experiential learning This learning-by-doing helps kids get a wider view of the world, others and themselves. Learn more:
2. We create diverse, equitable and inclusive (DEI) environments that make it safe for every young person to bring all of themselves to Camp Fire. Our staff is trained to honor, celebrate and center kids’ passions, backgrounds, experiences, cultures and identities. Learn more:
3. Speaking of staff, our adult employees and volunteers put youth first. Our goal is to create healthy, supportive relationships between adults and kids that can help young people thrive. Learn more:
4. We help young people discover their sparks. We want every kid to explore their interests, try new things and find their passion(s). Learn more:
5. Our programs lift up “youth voice” and encourage strong peer-to-peer engagement. We know kids learn as much—or more—from each other as they do from our staff and volunteers. Learn more:
6. We help young people set goals, go after them, and reflect on the process. We help kids go from just wishing to making real life progress. Learn more: